Jesse Lee Peterson: Is Trump Giving a Platform to ‘White Supremacists’?
Is Trump Giving a Platform to ‘White Supremacists’? – Jesse Lee Peterson exposes left’s ‘false narrative’ about ‘hate crimes’ wave
by Jesse Lee Peterson
Democrats and the media claim that President-elect Donald Trump is giving a platform to “white supremacists” – but the facts show otherwise. Jennifer Palmieri, Hillary Clinton’s campaign director of communications, recently repeated these accusations at a Harvard forum that became a heated debate with Donald Trump campaign manager Kellyanne Conway.
CNN commentator and Marxist sympathizer Van Jones told talk-show host Hugh Hewitt that Republicans have “given space for a bunch of bigots.” Jones is the same guy who called Trump’s victory a “whitelash against a black president.”
There simply is no wave of attacks against minorities by Trump supporters. To the contrary, evidence shows that it’s Trump supporters who have primarily been the victims of violent attacks. And most of the alleged attacks against minorities have been exposed as hoaxes.
Here are some examples.
• A 58-year-old black man was arrested in Philadelphia for vandalizing cars with “pro-Trump” and anti-black graffiti. Police say that the day after Trump was elected, William Tucker sprayed “Trump Rules” and “Black B–ch” on a white SUV owned by his 62-year-old neighbor, a black woman. After a tipster called police and identified Tucker, he was arrested and charged with four counts of criminal mischief. The media, with no evidence, tied the acts to neo-Nazis.
• A female Muslim student at the University of Louisiana claimed her hijab was ripped off and her wallet stolen the day after Trump’s election by two white men wearing Trump hats. But a day later, the Lafayette Police Department announced that the woman admitted she fabricated the story.
•As reported by com, a photo of an alleged Ku Klux Klan rally in honor of Trump’s victory turned out to be an old photo of conservatives carrying U.S., Gadsden (“Don’t Tread on Me”) and Christian flags that were billowing out in a manner mistaken for Klan robes.
• One incident reported as a “hate crime” by CNN occurred at a university where somebody chalked the words “Trump,” “Build wall” and “F—k your safe space” in front of the library. Isolated incidents of anti-Semitic imagery spray-painted on an abandoned building and at a few high schools have also been reported, but these are more likely random acts and not associated with Trump voters.
• So where do these bogus reports about hate being on the rise after Trump’s election originate? Most of the lies and misinformation come from the Southern Poverty Law Center, or SPLC.
• The SPLC is a leftist attack dog funded by George Soros and other wealthy left-wing foundations that seeks to transform America into a socialist hellhole. Despite its name and tax-exempt status, SPLC reportedly has $338 million in assets and investments in offshore tax havens Bermuda and the Cayman Islands. [Read More]